Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Design Star 3: A Reflection...

Design Star 3: THE FINALE

Oh, the memories…my time came to pass the tiara on to the next Design Star- and it brought back a flood of emotions, excitement, and nerves. Standing there in the studio, looking at Matt and Jen and realizing that last year, at this time, I was the one with my fate hanging in the balance. (I have to say, they were both far more calm than I ever remember being!!!) And, its funny, I felt so protective of both of them, because I knew just how much one of their lives was about to change. I could see the excitement in their eyes, as well as their apprehension and I remember feeling just that way.
When Clive opened the envelope, and said the words “The NEW DESIGN STAR is…” I honestly had NO idea whose name he was going to call…and it was JENNIFER!!!
I know that she is going to make an amazing host/designer and I know we are going to have so much fun watching her show each week. She’s super creative and adorable, and I love her artistic skills- and I cannot wait to see what she has to teach us!
The only dark cloud in the whole scenario, for me, is MATT- I LOVED HIM, TOO!!! I think that he is crazy talented, gracious, and has a wonderful presence on camera (as well as real life). The problem with any competition is that someone has to lose, but I’m confident that we haven’t seen the last of MATT. Coming in 2nd is in no way a “losing” proposition for this man, and that makes me really happy.
Congratulations, JENN, and good luck on what I guarantee is about to be the wildest ride of your life to date!

No comments: