Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Some Fashion Tips from ME! =)

Hair:
The 'Fro does what it likes, but I coax it into some kind of shape each day by 'wet setting' it. Basically, I wash/condition (Aveda Sap Moss), then once I've blotted it dry, I add some Aveda 'Brilliant: Universal Styling Creme', then twist/twirl the curls into shape around my fingers section by section. Air dry, and I only fluff it out once it's TOTALLY DRY (very important--if I fluff prematurely, it frizzes).

Style:

Shoes--
I LOVE Zappos.com -- free returns and shipping, and you can shop the shoes by color! Awesome! DSW is another store I rely heavily upon.

Dresses--
I count on 3 stores for most of my dress wardrobe: Forever 21, Target, and Bloomingdales. I'm a big fan of buying basic, inexpensive dresses, and jazzing them up with chunky, one-of-a-kind jewelry. (But the shoes 'make' the outfit every time...!)

4 comments:

oneidea said...

Kim, I love your show. I tune in not only to see you transform a space but also to see what you are wearing!!

Love your style!! Where can viewers find out what you are wearing on each segment?

ButtaFli said...

Your hair is FABULOUS!!!. I've been looking for a short cut for a long time, so long that my natural tresses are about 1/3 of the way down my back (my hair grows really fast). Before I go to the hair dresser is there any more info you can give me? I've downloaded just about every picture that gives a clear view, but can olny see the back and sides on tv so I have no stills to take to my stylist.

Renee•Candy Stick Lane said...

Girlfriend! I was so happy that you posted how you do your hair. Im a single mom of 3 - i work full time and then I design and make childrens clothes and sell online at night! so needless to say I have NO time. I dont watch TV but the other day I was flipping through channels and there you were - I love your hair - LOL - i actually just posted about it in my blog! Your beautiful and a true inspiration! Smooches! Renee

Amanda said...

Love the show- it's the only one that isn't the same stuff regurgitated over and over and over again- plus- YOU are fabulous! I can't wait to see your awsemo dresses, funky belts and rockin' shoes!
Keep it up!